2022 Can Am X3 Two or four seats, on sand, mud, rocks, and roads — we’ve built the Maverick X3 for any terrain and road weather. Anyone can go off-road. But again and again, every weekend the Maverick X3 family side by side writes the next chapter of off-road adventure for those who dare to live like mavericks. Do you come?
Built for a future full of off-road thrills. Introducing our best high-performance side by side … just waiting for you.
The Can-Am Maverick X3 wasn’t built for casual drives in the countryside. It’s built to make your eyeballs vibrate in your head. From the aggressive forward-looking design to the Ergo-Lok cockpit that puts the driver at the heart of the vehicle, the best offroad car of 2020 is designed to party on all-terrain with up to 195 horsepower turbocharged.
Run ahead of every pack with 195 horsepower, FOX 3.0 PODIUM suspension, Smart-Lok™ differential featuring Trail Activ mode — and up to 4 seats.
Built with the best: The Can-Am Maverick X3 Offroad Car is available with a wide range of premium Fox Racing Shocks, from the Fox 2.0 to the FOX† 3.0 PODIUM RC2† long range reservoir with bypass, dual speed compression, and rebound adjustment.
2022 Can Am X3 RR
the Can-Am Maverick X3’s performance off-road vehicle teachings are synonymous with power, handling, and…win. By 2022, Can-Am is upping the ante, becoming the first side-by-side manufacturer to offer a 200hp engine.
That’s a lot of power. And combined with our all-new pDrive roller clutch system, the whole dynamic changes through faster acceleration and power that fires instantly every time.
CAN-AM MAVERICK X3 2022 UPGRADE:
- 200 Horsepower
- New pDrive clutch system
- Belt Monitoring Temperature Display on all Turbo RR
- Forearm Upgrade on 72″ Vehicles
- Reinforced Chassis and Cage with 30% thicker cage material and 13% more torsional rigidity
- New rear lower Radius Rod with increased thickness and strength
- New Rear Foot Plate with a stronger attachment
- New Rear Double Sliding Knuckle Design
- Magneto upgraded to 850W
The most powerful side-by-side engine available anywhere, with maximum reliability and performance. Upgraded pistons, larger turbochargers, ultra-efficient and durable intercoolers, and high-performance air filters will propel you to the front of any package.
Stand tall and take on a bold new look with tires up to 32 inches. Turn, swerve, and stray away from the traversed path in a fortified frame that serves for a journey like no other. It will take you to the top, and never let you down.
Our Smart Lok™ front differential is now standard, but the grip & control it will give your ride is anything but! Smart-Lok™ is the most advanced off-road front differential, period. It is fully lockable on the go, with four electronically controlled automatic modes that always return maximum traction in every condition.
With dual A-Arms across the range, power comes standard. All 72-inch wide models benefit from a Trophy-Truck-inspired suspension design. Our X RC and X Mr models also feature curved double A-arms for maximum ground clearance.
Built with the best: for revolutionary performance, we worked with FOX to develop the Smart-Shox semi-active suspension for the Maverick X3. Every Maverick X3 is tuned to thrive with FOX’s customizable Shock Racing ready for every terrain and riding style. Piggyback with features ranging from compression adjustment, to rebound adjustment and bottom-out control with dual speed compression.
For near-instant response and reliable all-terrain performance, the Maverick X3 utilizes primary CVT pDrive technology (on the Turbo RR) and the latest Quick Response System X (QRS-X) with high airflow and acoustic treatment for a ride like no other. side by side.
The power you need, wherever you need it. We’ve added a Magneto 850W to take care of the official Can-Am power requirements and after-purchase upgrades such as audio gear, additional lighting, 12V accessories, winch, and more.
2022 Can Am X3 Xrc Turbo RR
The RS line is specifically built to perform in the desert with its 72-inch wide track, powerful engine, and state-of-the-art suspension grouping. Stability, confidence, and control all came to the fore when Can-Am designed this range of machines. For 2022 it doesn’t fix what isn’t broken.
There are no major changes for 2022 apart from every X3 unit receiving Smart-Lok differential locking technology and a slight increase in engine power output from 195 to 200 hp.
Powerful engine, a few feet of suspension travel, top-level performance trim, roof, LED lights all over, and big 32-inch tires.
Prices are high even for the base non-X RS trim, the interior still feels dated, and the 72-inch track width can make transporting it difficult in some trailers.
This is Can-Am’s premier pure sport created side by side to tackle desert tracks. It packs everything Can-Am knows about racing into one machine and is offered in several different flavors where suspension items are changed to help fit various budget brackets. This rig still dominates in the sand, but somehow it still feels dated due to the bland interior without modern amenities like speakers or navigation.
2022 Can Am X3 Price
- 2022 Maverick X3 RS Turbo RR MSRP: $23.799
- 2022 Maverick X3 X RS Turbo RR MSRP: $28,599
- 2022 Maverick X3 X RS Turbo RR with Smart Shox MSRP: $30,299
- 2022 Maverick X3 Max RS Turbo RR MSRP: $26,799
- 2022 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR MSRP: $31,399
- 2022 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR with Smart Shox MSRP: $33,099
We’d go for the X3 X RS Turbo RR with the top-tier trim package without the Fox Smart Shox. We’ve never come across an active valve system that warrants paying thousands extra when any local suspension shop can do better for less.
Getting bigger tires, additional suspension travel, and an improved dashboard look helped to resell. If you have the cash, grab the Smart Shox trim. If you have four people to entertain, take the Max, and if you can’t stand the cost but want a desert RS trim with 72-inch wide tracks, go for the non-X.
2022 Can Am X3 Powertrain: Engine, Transmission, and Performance
All RS trim levels feature an updated 900cc Rotax ACE three-cylinder turbocharged engine that produces 200 hp. Can-Am’s PDrive and QRS-X CVT manage power transfer to the axles via the Smart-Lok-equipped drivetrain in each vehicle for 2022.
Smart-Lok technology offers four different traction modes—two-wheel drive, four-wheel drive with lock front drive differentials, active four-wheel drive lanes, and four-wheel drive lanes—which can be quickly adjusted by the driver to maximize traction on various terrains.
2022 Can Am X3 Handling
The standard Fox 2.5 Podium QS3 suspension components handle articulation on non-X RS trim vehicles, offering an impressive 22-inch suspension journey. The RS X trim jumps to the front Fox 2.5 and Fox 3.0 Podium RC2 rear components which offer similar 22-inch suspension travel up front and an impressive 24-inch suspension at the rear.
While the QS3 system offers single damping control, the RC2 suspension allows the driver to perform high-speed compression, low-speed compression, and rebound damping. The rear RC2 shock utilizes a remote reservoir that mounts to the rear roll cage frame and provides 2 feet of articulation to withstand those big bump bumps, stabilize the rhythm section, and save your spine when those invisible washouts crop up.
The Smart-Shox RS trim incorporates Fox’s semi-active intelligent suspension. It self-adjusts up to 200 times per second on compression and rebound damping settings. It can go from full soft to full hard in 17 milliseconds when predicting you’ll just send it. Unlike some other intelligent shock systems, this system can also be adjusted by the driver through three modes: Comfort, Sport, and Sport+.
2022 can am maverick x3 max x rs turbo or intense blue carbon black and lime gray front left profile
2022 Can-Am Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR with Smart Shox front display in Intense Blue, Carbon Black, and Chalk Grey. Image Source: Can-Am/BRP
Each RS trim features a large 262mm ventilated rotor at the front encased by hydraulic dual-piston calipers. The rear uses a smaller 248mm ventilated rotor with the same hydraulic dual piston calipers. Braking performance is strong and predictable, exactly what you want when stretching your legs in the desert.
2022 Can Am X3 Ergonomics: Comfort and Utility
Inside the cockpit of the non-X RS, buyers will find a signature list of Maverick X3 features: four-way adjustable bucket seats, heavy bearings, and an adjustable steering wheel. The RS X and Smart-Shox cockpits enhance excellence with a four-point harness and full roof. Both trims offer center mirrors.
All doors open from the front via an internal locking system, including the rear doors on the four seats.
All RS machines provide a small rear cargo area incorporating the Can-Am LinQ quick mount system.
2022 Can Am X3 Payload / Towing
The rear cargo area is rated to hold 200 pounds in two seats and 150 pounds in four seats. Both incorporate the LinQ quick install system.
While there is no towing hitch receiver on any of the Maverick X3 models, a recovery latch is provided at the rear of every RS trim vehicle. This is not rated for towing, only vehicle recovery.
2022 Can Am X3 Electronic
The non-X trim offers a smaller 4.5-inch digital dashboard display. The X gives you a larger 7.5-inch digital dashboard view. Each sits at the front of the wheel to allow the driver to monitor various vehicle metrics.
Speedometer, tachometer, odometer, trip- and hour meters, fuel, gear position, Sport and Eco modes, seat belt and 4×4 indicator, front and rear diff lock indicator, diagnostics, clock, battery voltage, engine temperature, and DPS mode are all available to be monitored on the dashboard via the keypad system. Smart Shox vehicles also add that reading to the dashboard.
Full LED lighting is used in every vehicle, powered by a powerful 850-watt magnet that offers plenty of room to attach additional power-hungry accessories.
2022 Can Am X3 XRS
- Can-Am DNA Trademark with next generation design
- Low sitting position
- Ergo-Lok cockpit with four-way adjustable seats
- POWERFUL HIGHLIGHTS
- Industry-leading 200 hp Rotax® ACE engine with turbocharger and intercooler
- Advanced airflow dynamics
- QRS-X Transmisi transmission
- Industry-leading travel TTX suspension
- Highly efficient and lightweight chassis
- Sharpest handling features
- PLATFORM HIGHLIGHTS
- 72 inches wide
- Wheelbase 102 inches
- 16 inches of ground clearance
- High Torque Dynamic Power Steering (DPS™)
- Up to 24 inches of suspension travel
- Rear crane hook
- SPECIAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR PACK X RS TURBO RR
- Belt monitoring system
- Turbo RR engine 200 hp
- Smart-Lok™ front differential*
- FOX 3.0 PODIUM RC2 shocks with bypass
- 14 in. aluminum Beadlock wheel
- Maxxis Carnivore 32 inch tires
- 4 point harness with shoulder pads
- HMWPE full skid plate
- Full roof
- X-package graphics/seats
- 7.6-inch digital display with keypad
- Can-Am LED signature
- magnets 850 W
- Painted color options
- Engine: TURBO RR
- Engine displacement: 900
- Type: 200 hp, Rotax ACE (Advanced Combustion Efficiency) 900 cc Turbocharged Triple-cylinder engine, liquid-cooled with integrated intercooler and high-performance air filter
- Fuel Delivery System: Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC™) with Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Transmission: PDrive primary and Quick Response System X (QRS-X) CVT with high airflow, L/H/N/R/P
- Drive Train: Lockable front differential with exclusive Smart-Lok* technology. True 4-mode traction system: 2WD/4WD with front diff. lock / 4WD
- TRAIL ACTIV / 4WD TRAIL *Smart-Lok was co-developed with TEAM Industries, the market leader in the drive train industry
- Power Steering: High Torque Tri-Mode Dynamic Power Steering (DPS™)
- Front Suspension: Double A-arm with sway bar / 22 in. (55.9 cm) travel / Trophy truck inspired arm
- Front Shock: FOX® 2.5 PODIUM RC2® Piggyback with bypass, dual speed compression, and rebound adjustment
- Rear Suspension: 4-link Torsional Trailing-arm X (TTX) with 24 in (61 cm) sway bar/travel
- Rear Shock: FOX® 3.0 PODIUM RC2® remote reservoir with bypass, dual speed compression, and rebound adjustment
- Front Tire: Maxxis Carnivore® 32 x 10 x 14 inches.
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Carnivore® 32 x 10 x 14 inches.
- Wheels: 14 in. cast-aluminum Beadlock
- Front: Dual 262 mm disc brakes with hydraulic dual piston calipers
- Rear: Dual 248 mm disc brakes with hydraulic dual piston calipers
- W x W x H: 132 x 72.7 x 68.5 inches (335.3 x 184.7 x 174 cm)
- Wheel Base: 102 inches (259.1 cm)
- Ground Clearance: 16 inches (40.6 cm)
- Chassis Enclosure: Double phase 980 steel
- Estimated Dry Weight*: 1,627 lb (738 kg)
- Shelf Capacity: 200 lb (91 kg) with LinQ™ quick joint
- Storage Capacity: Total: 2.5 gal (9.4 L) Glove box: 1.6 gal (6.2 L) Center console: 0.8 gal (2.8 L) Cup holder: 0.1 gal ( 0.4 L)
- Fuel Capacity: 10.5 gal (40 L)
- Gauges: 7.6 inches (19.3 cm) wide digital display with keypad: Speedometer, tachometer, odometer, trip and hour meter, fuel, gear position, SPORT / ECO mode, seat belt and 4 x4 indicators, diff lock indicator front and rear, diagnostics, clock, battery voltage, engine temperature, DPS mode
- Magnets: 850W
- Instrumentation: Lighter type DC outlet on the center console
- Anti Theft System: RF Digitally Encoded Security System (DESS™) with Start/Stop button
- Lighting: LED headlights and taillights with unique Can-Am LED signature
- Protection: Integrated front bumper, Quarter door, Full roof, 4 point harness with shoulder pads, HMWPE full skid plate, Rear tow hook
2022 Can Am X3 RC RR
Maverick X3 X RC TURBO RR 72 200 hp (11 hp / 100lbs) Trophy truck inspired arched double A-arms
2022 Can Am X3 HP
Maverick X3 X RC TURBO RR 72 200 hp (11 hp / 100lbs) Trophy truck inspired arched double A-arms Half door, Aluminum roof
2022 Can Am X3 Horsepower
120 hp, Rotax ACE (Advanced Combustion Efficiency) 900 cc Turbocharged Triple-cylinder engine, liquid cooled and high-performance air filter. Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC™) with Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI).
2022 Can Am X3 Max
CONTINUOUSLY VARIABLE TRANSMISSION: Primary pDrive – For near-instant response and reliable all-terrain performance, the Maverick X3 uses the latest pDrive primary (on the Turbo RR) and CVT Quick Response System X (QRS-X) technology with high airflow and acoustic treatment for drives are not like other side-by-side.
NEXT LEVEL HANDLING: FOX Racing Shocks – Built with the best: for revolutionary performance, we worked with FOX to develop the Smart-Shox semi-active suspension for the Maverick X3. Every Maverick X3 is tuned to thrive with FOX’s customizable Shock Racing ready for every terrain and riding style. Piggyback with features ranging from compression adjustment, to rebound adjustment and bottom-out control with dual speed compression.
ERGO-LOK COCKPIT AND LOW SEAT: Sitting on the edge of innovation – Welcome to your office. Enhance your off-road experience with a lower seating position, advanced cockpit, and enhanced protection. Designed for all-day comfort with well-placed controls, and 4-way adjustable bucket seat, and a 4-point harness are provided.
- RUDE WITHOUT STOP
RUDE DURABILITY: Strength Is Power – Top engines, and customers, expect the strongest platforms that don’t back down. It’s an ultra-efficient and lightweight chassis that’s bulletproof for any riding style. We’re not talking pebbles. Strapped on boulders, crashing through the dunes carelessly in a rough and rugged world.
HIGHER GRIP: Smart-Lok comes as standard – Our Smart Lok™ front differential is now standard, but the grip & control it will give your ride is anything but! Smart-Lok™ is the most advanced off-road front differential, period. It is fully lockable on the go, with four electronically controlled automatic modes that always return maximum traction in every condition.
- UP TO 200 HP
LEADING TRIPLE-CYLINDER ENGINE: 200 Horsepower Rotax ACE Turbo RR engine – The most powerful side-by-side engine available anywhere, with maximum reliability and performance. Upgraded pistons, larger turbochargers, ultra-efficient and durable intercoolers, and high-performance air filters will propel you to the front of any package.
- WHEELS AND TIRES
QUALITY WHEELS & TIRES: High-performance wheels and tires – Equipped to go the distance and get the most out of the Maverick X3, anywhere. Each Maverick X3 pack gets a unique setup, from 30-inch ITP Cryptid† mud-resistant tires to the legendary 32-inch Maxxis Carnivore† tires with Beadlock wheels.