2021 Can Am Outlander 850 XMR BRP (TSX: DOO; NASDAQ: DOOO) builds Can-Am Off-Road vehicles from the rider down, with every detail – from capability and reliability to performance, comfort, and beyond – carefully tuned so that drivers can get the most out of their vehicle, regardless of the challenges faced.
And sometimes, that challenge means getting muddy. Really muddy. That’s why Can-Am introduced the Visco-4Lok, the best ATV 4-wheel drive system available *, so the rider can tackle the mud like never before.
The robust Visco-4Lok system is an evolution of Can-Am’s already impressive Visco-Lok technology. The new system works at the push of a button, with a choice of two- and four-wheel drive. But here’s where it goes to a whole new level with the Visco-4Lok – riders can now use 4-wheel-drive lock-up mode, which instantly delivers the same power to all four wheels. Result? Unbeatable traction.
The Visco-4Lok is available to order on three new 2021 models – Can-Am Outlander XMR 850, Can-Am Outlander XMR 1000R, and Can-Am Renegade XMR 1000R.
We are a global leader in the world of Powersports vehicles, propulsion systems, and boats, built with more than 75 years of ingenuity and an intensive consumer focus. Our industry-leading and flagship product portfolio include Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo boats, Can-Am on and off-road vehicles, Alumacraft, Manitou, Quintrex, Stacer and Savage, Evinrude and Rotax marine propulsion systems, and Rotax engines for karts, motorbikes, and recreational aircraft.
We complement our product line with custom parts, accessories, and apparel businesses to completely enhance the driving experience. With annual sales of CA $ 6.1 billion from more than 120 countries, our global workforce consists of approximately 12,600 people who are driven and resourceful.
2021 Can Am Outlander 850 XMR Review
Table of Contents
CONTINUE THE ROTAX LEGEND, 2021 can am xmr 850 review Available with the industry-leading 91-horsepower Rotax 1000R V-Twin engine, 62-hp Rotax 650, or 78-hp Rotax 850 V-Twin engines, the official choice is yours. The Outlander puts all that torque to the ground with responsive throttle, a signature roar, and backup power. Renowned for its flexible reliability in harsh conditions and easy maintenance, the Rotax engine is known in every corner of the world – and it’s not a matter of pride.
- XMR Information, and specifications of the Can-Am Outlander ™ XT 850 2021. Below is information about the Can-Am Outlander ™ XT 850 2021. If you want to get a quote for the new Can-Am Outlander ™ XT 850 2021
- ABILITIES THAT WILL MAKE YOU BETTER, EXTRA COMES STANDARD. More exterior protection, an upgraded bumper, and a winch ensure it’s a factory fit for your next adventure.
- CONTROL ON YOUR FINGER
- Experience off-road terrain like never before with Tri-Mode Dynamic Power Steering (DPS), which provides easy steering assistance and adapts its response to vehicle speed. At lower speeds, assistance is increased to reduce your steering effort while at higher speeds, assistance is reduced to return maximum feel to the rider. Choose between three modes to suit the conditions.
- TO REACH NEW TOP
- The Outlander’s most significant upgrade, it’s all about taking the journey further. Starting with the curved front A-arms, sway bars and wheels were revised for a wider stance and more confident handling. Independent rear suspension eliminates scrub and camber changes for unmatched vertical wheel control, not flexible butterfly motion. Rotax power with advanced traction and power transfer.
- CLOSE THE BLOOD
- This powerful crane with a capacity of 3,000 lb (1,361 kg) is factory installed and can handle the toughest of situations, a very useful tool when dealing with conditions that include hunting, ranching, mud pits – and helping your friends keep up.
- GRABS AND GOES
- Rugged Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) technology gives you responsive shifting at the right time. For ease of use, you can count on the engine braking feature to help slow you down as you go down inclines.
- RIGHT-HAND BRAIN
- Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC ™) makes the combination of the Outlander and its Rotax engine so responsive and useful every day. Its throttle-by-wire system ensures smooth power delivery through precise control – standard on all 850 & 1000R packages with Standard, Work, and Sport modes.
- PREMIUM WHEELS AND TIRES
- Performs as well as it looks, 14-in (35.6 cm) cast-aluminum wheels with lighter weight and increased strength are paired with durable 6-in (66 cm) 6-layer ITP Terracross tires with a tread that provides a comfortable ride and a strong off-road grip.
- INDUSTRY-LEADING 1,650 LB TOWING CAPACITY: More than just numbers: it can carry an impressive double-decker (750 kg) of luggage, and front and rear racks with LinQ mounts make the Outlander a fast, efficient, and powerful companion for work and play.
- FRONT ARCHED A-ARM SUSPENSION: Most significant Outlander upgrade ever, with curved A-arms at the front, sway bars, and revised wheels for a wider stance & better range. With advanced grip and handling, the Outlander is controlled to the limit.
- POWERFUL & PROVEN ROTAX ENGINE LINEUP: Available with the class-leading Rotax V-Twin engine in 78-hp (850) power, the Outlander lowers all the torque with responsive throttle, a signature roar, and reserve power.
- FOX RACING SHOCKS: Outlander is available with the broadest range of premium FOX Racing Shock, from the FOX 1.5 PODIUM QS3 adjustable shock, to fully adjustable handling to suit conditions & terrain.
- REDESIGNED SIDE PANEL: Every piece is inspected and inspected to see if it improves rider comfort – even the side panels and inner fenders now offer better engine ventilation and airflow.
- CONTINUOUS VARIABLES TRANSMISSION: Pick a gear, hit the throttle – and move on – The Can-Am Outlander CVT transmission delivers as much power as you need. Now with recalibrated engine braking for even more precise control on hilly terrain.
Can Am Outlander 850 Horsepower
2021 Can-Am Outlander XMR 850 Top Speed Available with class-leading Rotax V-Twin engines in 91- hp (1000R), 78- hp (850), and 62- hp (650), the Outlander lowers all the torque with responsive throttle, distinctive roar, and power to spare.
How Fast is a Can Am Outlander 1000
1000R CAN AM TOP SPEED – OUTLANDER XXC ACCELERATION 0-100 max speed 137 km / h.
3,500-LB (1,588 KG) CAN-AM HD WINCH: Test this robust, factory-installed Can-Am HD winch with a roller fairlead. The 3,500-lb (1,588 kg) capacity is critical when dealing with conditions such as hunting, livestock, mud, and remote work sites. Prepared on all other trims.
TRI-MODE INTELLIGENT THROTTLE CONTROL: Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC ™ ️) is how the Outlander and its 850 Rotax engine feel so responsive and controllable. With Standard, Work, and Sport modes, iTC throttle-by-wire assists in smooth power delivery off-road.
TRI-MODE DYNAMIC POWER STEERING (DPS): For easy, speed-sensitive direct steering assistance, with more power at lower speeds for reduced steering power and less at higher speeds for maximum steering experience for the rider. Three more modes to adjust DPS.
7.6 IN / 4.5 IN BRIGHT DIGITAL DISPLAY: Keep an eye on your Outlander and its vital signs with the new 7.6-inch / 4.5-inch screen, depending on the model. Bright and legible in all conditions, with vehicle info and controls on your glove tips.
2021 Can-Am Outlander 850 XMR Top Speed
The Can-Am Outlander 570’s top speed is 78 mph, but the advertised figure is 60-62 mph. These speed ratings apply to all Outlander 570 trims. Hitting the top end should be easy, as the Outlander uses a rugged Rotax engine.
2021 Can-Am Outlander 850 XMR Review
Can-Am Outlander 850 Review Below is information on the 2021 Can-Am Outlander™ X mr 850. If you want to get a quote for the new Can-Am Outlander™ X mr 850 2021, use our Build Your Own tool, or Compare this ATV with other ATV Utility.
Putting power where torque is. The Can-Am Outlander combines segment-leading hp with the best carry and towing capacity of any ATV to ensure nothing gets in your way. Powered by a Rotax VTwin engine, the CanAm Outlander will dominate any task and terrain, while you’re driving and behind the wheel. Pioneer. Your ideal partner is here. Attachment.
The first differential lock to open the limit. Easy to operate and use, true four-wheel drive, improved traction and excellent maneuverability even on the roughest terrain. With Visco 4Lok you won’t get in the way of mud holes! Now available on X mr, XTP and Limited.
Ability to shine when a chip fails. Overcome obstacles with standard 11″ ground clearance and up to 13″ on the rugged Outlander X mr 1000R.
Can-Am Outlander 850 Review Performance is comfortable for sailing or roaring and built to last—getting more for your money never got you this far. Can you decide between the new colors?
In addition to proprietary technology, take advantage of the factory-installed anti-theft system (DESS*). Got a job on the horizon? Go from shelf to cargo bed in the blink of an eye. Add a back panel and get your cooler out for the day. On the farm, or on the hunt, it’s the LinQ you’ve been missing.
Class-leading Rotax V-Twin engines with 91-hp (1000R), 78-hp (850), and 62-hp (650), the Outlander drops all of its torque with responsive throttle, signature roar and remaining power.
- Starting from $10,699
MSRP on incoming packages, transportation and setup costs may vary by choice.
A commodity surcharge starting at $325 will apply.
- TYPE OF MODEL Utility
- BASE MSRP (US) $ 10,999.00
- ENGINE TYPE V Twin
- CYLINDER 2
- 4-stroke ENGINE STROKE
- SOHC VALVE CONFIGURATION
- TRANSFER (CC / CI) 854 / 52.1
- TYPE OF CARBURETOR Fuel Injected
- TRANSMISSION TYPE Continuous Variable (CVT)
- MAIN DRIVER (FRONT WHEEL) Trunk
- TURN Yes
- FRONT TIRE (FULL SPEK) ITP Terracross 26 X 8-14
- REAR TIRE (FULL SPEK) ITP Terracross 26 X 10-14
- FRONT BRAKE TYPE Double Hydraulic Disc
- REAR BRAKE TYPE Hydraulic Disc
- WHEEL SIDE DISTANCE (IN / MM) 51/1295
- DRY WEIGHT (LBS / KG) 800/363
- FUEL CAPACITY (GAL / L)
- CHAIR HEIGHT (IN / MM) 34.5 / 877
- NUMBER OF SEATS 1
- ENIS DRIVELINE 4X2 / 4X4 selectable
- NUMBER OF DRIVELINE MODES 2
- DIFFERENTIAL SLIP LIMITED Standard
- Standard DIFFERENTIAL KEY
How Fast Is A Can Am Outlander 850
Can-Am 850 Top Speed The model I tested was the 62-hp 650 model (there’s also a 78-hp 850 and 91-hp 1000R) and I thought I’d be happy with that. Top speed may exceed 60 mph unless you use a digital key programmed for what’s commonly known as “sister-in-law mode” to bring it down to 45 mph.
2021 Can Am Outlander 850 XTP
Can Am 850 Outlander Top Speed Take control of unmatched off-road performance with the new Outlander XT-P ATV. The revised and wider FOX suspension maximizes the Rotax’s torque and consumes up to 750 kg (1,650 lb). The XT-P adds a FOX † 1.5 PODIUM † QS3 shock, a Can-Am HD winch, and more.
- CAPABLE OF TOWING AND TOWING
- INDUSTRY-LEADING 1,650 LB TOWING CAPACITY: More than numbers – it can haul an impressive double-deck (750kg) luggage, and front and rear racks with LinQ mounts make the Outlander a fast, efficient, and powerful companion on the job. and the game.
- INNOVATIVE SUSPENSION SETTINGS
- FRONT ARCHED A-ARM SUSPENSION: The most significant update to the Outlander to date, with curved A-arms in the front, stabilizer bars, and revised wheels for a wider stance and better reach. With cutting-edge grip and handling, the Outlander is controlled to the limit.
- LEADING MACHINE TECHNOLOGY
- POWERFUL AND TESTED ROTAX ENGINE LINE: Available with the class-leading Rotax V-Twin engine rated at 78 hp (850), the Outlander reduces all torque with responsive throttle, signature roar, and power reserve.
- MANAGEMENT OF THE FOLLOWING LEVELS
- FOX RACING SHOCKS: Outlander is available with a wide range of premium FOX Racing shocks, from adjustable FOX 1.5 PODIUM QS3 shocks to fully adjustable handling to suit the conditions and terrain.
- OPTIMIZED AIRFLOW
- REDESIGNED SIDE PANEL: Every part is inspected and inspected to see if it improves driver comfort; even the side panels and inner fenders now offer better engine ventilation and airflow.
- SOLID TRANSMISSION
- CONTINUOUS VARIABLE TRANSMISSION – Pick a gear, step on the gas and move on – the Can-Am Outlander CVT transmission delivers all the power you need. Now with recalibrated engine brake for more precise control in mountainous terrain.
- SPECIAL FOR ANYTHING
- CAN-AM HD 3500 LB (1588 KG) WINCH: Try this heavy-duty factory-installed Can-Am HD winch with a roller guide. The 3,500 lb (1,588 kg) capacity is essential when dealing with conditions such as hunting, livestock, mud, and remote job sites. Prepared in all other trimmings.
- TECHNOLOGY THAT COUNTS
- INTELLIGENT THROTTLE CONTROL TRIMMED: Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC ™ ️) is the way the Outlander and its 850 Rotax engine feel so responsive and controllable. With Standard, Work, and Sport modes, the iTC throttle-by-wire aids in smooth off-road power delivery.
- TRIMMED DYNAMIC ASSISTED STEERING (DPS): For easy, speed-sensitive direct steering assist, with more power at lower speeds for less steering power and less at higher speeds for maximum steering feel for the driver. Three modes to better adapt the DPS.
- ABSOLUTELY USEFUL LOOK
- 7.6 INCH / 4.5 INCH WIDE BRIGHT DIGITAL DISPLAY: Keep an eye on your Outlander and its vital elements with the new 7.6-inch / 4.5-inch display, depending on the model. Bright and readable in all conditions, with vehicle information and controls on the tips of the gloves.